Ryarsh is believed to be a Saxon village that dates back to around 1050 AD. The history of the church building certainly would suggest that the history of our community goes back that far at least. At the time of the Domesday Book (1086) it was in the possession of Odo of Bayeux, half-brother of William the Conqueror. It then passed, by grant of the Crown, to the Crecy and Mowbray families but was confiscated from John de Mowbray who rebelled against the King in 1322. The manor of Ryarsh was then given to the Neville family, Earls of Abergavenny.
The Ryarsh Circle are the remains of a hill figure chalk circle. Little is known about it, but it seems to have been man-made.
Today, our village is home to just under 1,000 people. The village is close to the A20, M20 and M25. We very much value our local pub, the Duke of Wellington, and we’re also pleased to have facilities like Ryarsh Primary School and Ryarsh Village Hall, as well as our own Church Hall.